Mantisco Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) recognizes the importance of the Users’ personal information and complies with the personal information protection regulations under the relevant laws and regulations which the Company is required to comply with such as the “Act on the Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc.” and the “Personal Information Protection Act.”
1. Personal Information Collected by the Company
There are three main ways that the Company may collect personal information:
- Collecting information that the User provides to the Company:
|Timing||Purpose for collection and use||Required/Optional||Items collected and used|
|Sign up||Sign up for global account||Required||E-mail address (ID), password, date of birth (directly provided by the User)|
|Sign up for customer service||Required||Name, e-mail address (ID)|
|Required||Phone number, profile image|
|Customer Inquiry||Customer inquiry on STEAM||Required||E-mail address, Steam ID, game character name|
|Events||Participation in events, surveys, competitions and other matters||Required||E-mail address, name, date of birth, country of residence, name of game character (nickname), gender|
- Collecting information automatically during the User’s use of our services:
|Timing||Purpose of collection and use||Required/Optional||Items collected and used|
|Provision of services||Provision of game services||Required||IP information|
|Forum services||Provision of forum services||Required||IP information|
- Collecting information from third parties:
|Name of third party||Purpose of collection and use||Required/Optional||Items collected and used|
|Valve Corporation||Provision of game services||Required||Steam ID|
|Link up between global account and Steam account||Optional||Steam ID, display name, profile image|
|Twitch Interactive, Inc.||Link up between global account and Twitch account||Optional||Display name, e-mail address, user name, Twitch ID|
|Facebook, Inc.||Sign up for global account using Facebook account||Required||Name, profile image|
|Optional||E-mail address, friend information|
2. Non-personally identifiable information automatically collected by the Company
The Company may collect the following non-personally identifiable information during the use of our services. Non-personally identifiable information means information that cannot be used to identify a specific user.
|Timing||Purpose of collection and use||Required/Optional||Items collected and used|
|Provision of services||Provision of game services||Required||Records and statistical information related to use of Game (e.g. number of game plays, kill/death count, number of hours played, etc.)|
|Information related to the User’s computer, device, hardware and operating system|
|Provision of fair services||Required||Collection of improper usage records based on specific conditions of devices used|
|Protection of good faith users|
|Response to consumer disputes|
3. Purpose of Processing Personal Information
The Company mainly processes the User’s personal information based on the following grounds.
- Where processing of personal information is necessary for the execution and performance of contracts: The Company processes the User’s personal information mainly to perform its duties and obligations under contracts entered into with the Users. If the User uses the Company’s services, the Company will use the User’s personal information to maintain the User’s account and profile, provide services and customer support, and allow the platform service provider to link the User’s global account to the platform.
- Where the personal information is processed for the justifiable interests of the Company without prejudice to the User’s interests or basic rights: If there is a justifiable interest for the processing of personal information, the Company may use the User’s personal information. An example of a justifiable interest of the Company may include where the Company uses the personal information of the Users and visitors to carry out and improve its services and business activities. Further, the Company may analyze the User’s use behavior to continuously improve its services or suggest services that meet the User’s areas of interest and may use their personal information for legal purposes such as website management and prevention of illegal activities.
- Where processing of personal information is necessary for the Company’s compliance with laws and regulations: For example, the Company may process the User’s personal information to comply with the accounting standards and regulations that require the retention of accounting records or to comply with disclosure obligations required by law enforcement agencies.
4. Purpose of Using Personal Information
In the event the Company entrusts the processing of personal information to third party service providers, such third party service provider may only process part of such personal information that are necessary to perform the services requested by the Company.
- Providing customer support services for receiving and responding to inquiries
- Providing forum services within the Company’s website
- Resolving technical issues and improving service environments
- Identifying the Users to provide game services
- Taking technical protective measures against the use of illegal programs
- Conducting marketing and promotional activities such as providing information on events and surveys and providing opportunities to participate and providing promotional information
- Analyzing service usage records and sign in frequency, collecting statistics on service usage and analyzing and collecting statistics about our services
5. Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
The Company may share the User’s personal information with third parties, including service providers who process the User’s personal information on behalf of the Company, to provide customer service and manage our communities, and detect and block use of hacking tools and unauthorized programs, subject to the requirements set forth in the personal information protection laws and regulations of the relevant country. The types of such third parties are as follows:
- Other users (for example, if the user voluntarily discloses his or her personal information through the Company’s services)
- Business partners of the Company (for example, for the purpose of providing the Users with discounts or other benefits)
- Customer service providers to provide customer support services
- External platform service providers to link the User’s global account with the external platform
- Blocking service providers to block third party programs such as hacking tools and unauthorized programs
- Cloud service providers to provide cloud services
- Payment settlement service providers to make payments for contract performance or collect payments from sellers
- Marketing platform service providers to provide tailored services and user behavior analytics services providers
- Survey service providers to improve game services
6. Period of Retention of Personal Information
- Period of Retention of Personal Information based on the Company’s Internal Policy
|Purpose of collecting and using personal information||Items of personal information||Period of retention/use|
|Operation and management of website membership and global account sign up||E-mail address (ID), password||Until user withdraws membership|
|Age confirmation at global account sign up||Date of birth (provided by the User)||Until age confirmation is completed|
|Handling customer complaints such as customer inquiries||E-mail address, ID, nickname, phone number, profile image||Three (3) years after completion of processing the customer complaint|
|Operation and management of forum services||E-mail address, display name, IP address||Until user withdraws membership|
|Link up between global account and Steam account||Steam ID, display name, profile image||Until user withdraws membership|
|Global account sign up through Facebook account||Name, profile image, e-mail address, friend information||Until user withdraws membership|
|Operation of events||E-mail address, name, date of birth, country of residence, game character name (nickname), gender||Until the end of the event period|
|Provision of game services||Name of game character (nickname), IP address, Steam ID||Until user withdraws membership or refund for the Game is made|
- Period of retention of personal information pursuant to relevant laws and regulations
- Article 6(3) of the “Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Transactions, Etc.”: Records on payment and supply of goods: Five (5) years
- Article 6(3) of the “Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Transactions, Etc.”: Records on identification/advertisements: Six (6) months
- Article 6(3) of the “Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Transactions, Etc.”: Records on contracts and revocation: Five (5) years
- Article 6(3) of the “Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Transactions, Etc.”: Records on customer services, handling of consumer complaints and disputes: Three (3) years
- Article 15-2(2) of the “Protection of Communications Secrets Act”: Records on computer communications, internet log records and access point tracing: Three (3) months
- Article 85-3(2) of the “Framework Act on National Taxes”: Books and records and supporting documents for all transactions regulated by tax laws: Five (5) years
7. Deletion of Personal Information
8. User’s Rights and How to Use Them
- In accordance with relevant laws and regulations, the User has the right to refuse or limit the processing of his or her personal information, and the right to view, correct, delete and transfer his or her personal information. If the User wishes to exercise such rights or has any inquiries about the personal information protection practices, please contact our Personal Information Protection Manager by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Personal Information Protection Manager will verify the User’s identification through reasonable means. The Company will use its efforts to respond when the User exercises his or her rights in accordance with laws and regulations related to personal information protection.
- The User may use the Company’s website without providing his or her personal information. However, if the User does not consent to the use of his or her personal information, the User may not be able to use the Company’s game services, customer support services or forum services.
9. Matters on the Installation, Operation and Rejection of Personal Information Automatic Collection Equipment
- Purposes of using cookies, etc.: Analyze log in frequency, time of visit, etc. by members and non-members, determine the User’s preferences and interests and track user’s movements, and provide targeted marketing and personalized services by verifying frequency of event participation and number of visitations. The User has the right to opt out from the installation of cookies. As a result, the User can accept all cookies, decide each time a cookie is stored or decline all cookies by selecting appropriate options on the User’s web browser’s settings.
Example: To modify settings to decline cookies, the User may accept all cookies, decide each time a cookie is stored, or decline all cookies by selecting appropriate options on the User’s web browser settings.
Example of modifying the User’s settings: For Internet Explorer, On the top of the User’s web browser select “Tools” > “Internet Options” > “Privacy”
However, if the User declines all cookies, the User may not be able to fully use our services.
10. Protective Measures for Personal Information
The Company uses its best efforts to implement physical, technical and administrative protective measures to prevent the User’s personal information from being lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged. However, it is difficult to guarantee the full and complete security of all information. B y providing the User’s personal information to the Company, the User hereby acknowledges such difficulty and agree that his or her information is not guaranteed to be fully protected.
- Administrative protective measure
Establish and implement internal management plan, regular employee training, supervision over compliance with security regulations by third party service providers, etc.
- Technical protective measures
- Physical protective measure
The Users are responsible for properly managing their accounts and passwords in order to protect their own personal information.
11. Contacting the Personal Information Protection Manager
The Company designates the following person as its Personal Information Protection Manager to handle all comments and requests regarding personal information matters.
Personal Information Protection Manager
Name: Jun Young Ryu
Telephone: +82 2-564-0928
If you have any inquiries about complaints about infringement of personal information or require consultation, please contact the following institutions.
Personal Information Infringement Report Center (https://privacy.kisa.or.kr/ +82 118)
Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (https://www.kopico.go.kr/ +82 2-2100-2499)
The Supreme Public Prosecutors Office, Cyber Crime Investigation Division (https://www.spo.go.kr/ +82 2-3480-3571)
The Police Headquarters, Cyber Security Bureau (https://cyberbureau.police.go.kr/ +82 182 )