Refund RulesWithdrawal Rules
- General Rules
- The purpose of the Withdrawal Rules is to specifically set forth and regulate the matters concerning the withdrawal from the Game and the services that have been paid for (the “Paid-for Services”) among other overall services that are provided to the customers of Mantisco, Co., Ltd. (the Company”). The matters that are not specified in the Withdrawal Rules shall be, in principle, treated in accordance with the Terms of Service, laws of the Republic of Korea, the Steam® Subscriber Agreement (https://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/), and the Steam® Refunds Policy (https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/).
- The Game and other overall services of the Company shall be provided through Steam® (https://store.steampowered.com/) operated by Valve Corporation. Accordingly, the withdrawal and refund procedures shall be processed through Valve Corporation, and the customers shall comply with the Steam® Subscriber Agreement and the Steam® Refunds Policy as well as these Withdrawal Rules.
- Changes to the Withdrawal Rules
- Conditions for Withdrawal
- The Paid-for Services provided by the Company shall be classified as those that are withdrawable and those that are not, in accordance with the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., the Contents Industry Promotion Act, etc., and the Company shall indicate and describe such classification on the check-out for Paid-for Services.
- The customer may request the Company to withdraw within seven (7) days from the purchase of the Paid-for Services that are withdrawable.
- The customer’s withdrawal pursuant to paragraph 2 shall not be applicable in any of the following cases against the will of the Company:
- Where goods, etc., are lost or damaged due to causes attributable to the customer;
- Where the customer uses or consumes a part of the goods;
- Where a resale of the goods may not be practicable due to the lapse of time;
- Where packaging of reproduceable goods is damaged; or
- In any other cases prescribed by laws for the security of transactions.
- Notwithstanding the paragraphs 2 and 3 hereof, if the contents of the Paid-for Services provided by the Company are different from those indicated or advertised, or enforced differently from the contents described herein, the customer may request for withdrawal within three (3) months from the date of purchase of the Paid-for Services or thirty (30) days from the date that the customer came to know or could have known of such differences.
- Methods and Effect of the Withdrawal
- If the customer meets any of the conditions for withdrawal referred to in Article 3 hereof, he or she may request for withdrawal through the customer service center of the Company.
- If the customer requests for withdrawal, the Company shall commence the procedures necessary for the withdrawal, such as cancelling, withdrawing, or deleting the Paid-for Services purchased by the customer without delay, and requesting the payment cancellation of the Paid-for Services to Valve Corporation within three (3) business days from the date of receiving the said request.
- For refund of the purchase price, if the payment has been made with a credit card or any other payment method prescribed in the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., the Company shall request the payment service provider to suspend or cancel the payment of the purchase price. However, when the purchase price has already been received by the Company, the Company shall refund it to the payment service provider and notify it to the customer. If the Paid-for Services have been purchased by the customer with a credit card or any other method prescribed in the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., on Steam®, the procedures described in this paragraph may be processed through Valve Corporation.
- If a portion of the Paid-for Services has been used or consumed, the Company may request the customer to pay for the amount of purchase price equivalent to the profits made by the customer or expenses incurred to provide the said Paid-for Services. If the Paid-for Services have been purchased by the customer on Steam®, the procedures described in this paragraph may be processed through Valve Corporation.
- The Company may request the customer for documentation required for the withdrawal, where necessary, and may restrict the withdrawal if the customer rejects the request.
- If the customer requests for the withdrawal, the expenses necessary for the return of the goods, etc., shall be borne by the customer, except where the contents of the Paid-for Services are different from those indicated or advertised, or enforced differently from the contents described herein.
- The Company may not claim for cancellation fees or damages based on the customer’s request for withdrawal.
This Agreement shall take effect as of July 15, 2020.